Went to eat sushi and felt a little lost with some of the etiquette that goes with it (along with what to order). But hunger and wanting to try eating at the sushi bar won out in the end.
So what did I learn?
1. Ask the chef questions! like the saying goes “He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever”.
2. Fried Shiitake Mushroom easily became my new favorite happy hour item.
3. It doesn’t hurt to try something different and if you still have doubts ask questions!
4. Take in the action, its almost like a show to watch them prepare your food.
5. There is etiquette to follow and since I’m no expert in that aspect I am leaving this Eater LA link. Watch it, Its very informative!
6. Last but not least is eat slowly, if you’re like me and have the tendency to inhale your food I suggest not doing it here (or anywhere in general really).
What’s your favorite and least favorite sushi? and if you saw the video is there any other etiquette I should be aware of for the next time I go?